JavaScript disabled or chat unavailable.

Have a question?

We have answers!
Chat Monday-Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM (except MS state holidays)
Phone: 601-432-4492 or Toll free: 1-877-KWIK-REF (1-877-594-5733)
Text: 601-208-0868
Email: mlcref@mlc.lib.ms.us

Monday, December 15, 2008

Golden Globes

The Golden Globe nominees were announced Thursday. Being a huge movie fanatic, in addition to a book lover, I was intrigued by the fact that all but one of the nominees for Best Drama were based on a book.
I decided to do a little more research. Are there more great books out there that I may have missed?
In 2008, three out of the seven nominations for Best Drama were originally novels.
The only 2007 nomination that was based on a book was Tom Perrotta's Little Children.
Have you seen these movies or read the books? (Or both?) Why don't you share your thoughts! Also, if you're like me and haven't read some of these, be sure to make a trip to your local library and check them out!

www.goldenglobes.org
www.imdb.com

3 comments:

  1. I read Atonement...I liked it! I need to make a trip to the library...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you see the movie Atonement, too? Which was better? Or were they just different?

    I am dying to see Slumdog Millionaire! I may just go check out the book first!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I've read all of them of course. They were all so much better than the movies, too. And of course, I never lie about what I read. :*#

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...